We are looking to hire a full-time research assistant in the academic year 2023-2024 to support our research. This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in cutting-edge empirical and quantitative work in economics and finance. It’s particularly ideal for students who will apply for a PhD program in economics, finance or related areas during or after the job. We will consider providing recommendation letters for these applications.
The RA is expected to locate in NUS and work directly with Prof. Chang Liu and Prof. Hsin-Tien Tiffany Tsai. Compensation is competitive with an expected annual salary of at least SGD$50,000. We may also sponsor working visa if required.
• Collect, clean, and analyze data
• Literature review
• Create visualizations for empirical or computational models
• Estimate (simple) structural models
• Other necessary tasks that lead to publications
• Good English writing skills
• Proficiency with Stata, MATLAB, Latex, or other programming languages (Julia, Python etc.)
• An undergraduate/master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields by July 2023.
Desired Skills (not required, but good to have)
• Experience with data scraping/web scraping
• Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS)
• Prior experience in empirical work using large datasets
• Knowledge of Bayesian estimation, dynamic factor models, machine learning, or computational methods in macro (e.g. dynamic programing, heterogeneous-agent models)
Interested candidates may send their CV, transcript, English language test reports (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS), a description of past research and programming experience with the various software and programming languages, and any other supporting document to us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be interviewing and hiring on a rolling basis until March 31st, 2023. Please contact us if you have any question about the role.